What is the scope of this Privacy Notice?
At Northland Power, we respect your privacy and take great care in protecting your Personal Information. We understand the responsibility that comes along with collecting, using and sharing Personal Information. In adopting and adhering to this Privacy Notice, we assure you that the Personal Information we collect will be used in an appropriate and responsible manner. This Privacy Notice demonstrates our commitment to your privacy and applies to both Northland Power and its subsidiaries. Employees and contractors shall receive an additional privacy notice related to internal systems.
For whom is this Privacy Notice?
This Privacy Notice is addressed for anyone interacting with Northland Power’s website.
Northland Power collects Personal Information directly from you and other sources. Collection of Personal information is limited to what is reasonably required. “Personal Information” as defined in this Notice includes any information that can identify you, including but not limited to your name, email address, phone number, home address and date of birth.
Personal Information Collected Directly from You
Northland Power collects the following information from you:
- Full name, email address and any other transaction data such as phone number you provide through the Northland Power website when requesting information;
- Resume or CV, cover letter and other Personal Information that you send us for job applications;
- Images recorded via CCTVs located at Northland Power offices, facilities and data centers;
- Full name, telephone number, and email address when you visit any Northland Power Office or location;
- Full name, telephone number, and email address when calling any Northland Power Office;
- Full name, business contact information and work location when you create an account with us as a vendor or employee. In such cases, an additional Employee and Contractor privacy notice is supplied;
- Business contact details you provide at trade shows including full name, telephone number, mail address, social media handle and any additional information you choose to provide;
- Social media handle/name and any information you choose to provide when interacting with Northland Power on social media platforms;
Personal Information Collected from Other Sources
Northland Power collects the following information from other sources:
- Resume or CV, cover letter and other Personal Information provided by third party recruiters and job application sites (e.g. Workday or LinkedIn)
Northland Power may use Personal Information in order to:
- Maintain business relationships;
- Communicate and interact with website visitors;
- Communicate and interact with investors;
- Send you marketing communications (you can opt-out of marketing communications at any time by using the unsubscribe link in the email or by contacting the Northland Power Privacy Office);
- Respond to any inquiries you submit;
- Verify your identity;
- Understand user experiences via analytics and weblogging;
- Communicate with job applicants and manage job applicant administrations
- Prevent fraud and detect cyber security related incidents;
- Subsidiaries: Personal Information may be shared with Northland Subsidiaries for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
- Service Providers: Personal Information may be shared with companies that provide services to Northland Power. Our Service providers are only permitted to use Personal Information as instructed by Northland Power. The companies include:
- Webhosting providers that assist with our online presence;
- Insights and analytics companies that assist us in enhancing website experiences;
- Recruiting companies that may assist in pre-employment screenings;
- Providers for security operations and fraud prevention
- Required by Law: Personal Information may be shared to comply with legal obligations, in response to subpoenas, or to protect our legal rights.
- Sale or Transfer of Business: Personal Information may be shared if Northland Power enters into negotiations to buy, sell, or merge with any business or assets, or if we enter into bankruptcy, reorganization, or receivership, in which case we may disclose your Personal Information to the prospective or eventual seller or buyer of such business or assets.
Please note: Where you use a third party to engage with Northland Power, you may be subject to their Privacy Notice, in addition to ours.
Dependent on applicable laws, Northland Power may rely on several lawful basis for the processing of Personal Information:
- Consent: You agree to the processing for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interest: The processing is necessary for business operations but does not override your interests or rights.
- Performance of a Contract: The processing is needed to fulfill contractual obligations and provide you with a service.
- Vital Interest: The processing is required to protect your life or someone else’s
- Legal Obligation: The processing is required or allowed by applicable law.
Northland Power may process Personal Information in accordance with additional lawful bases and will inform you at the time of collection.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), please note that we may transfer your Personal Information to third parties outside of the EEA to assist with our daily operations. In such circumstances, Northland Power may rely on adequacy determinations made by the European Commission and Standard Contractual Clauses, obtaining your consent or other lawful means of transferring personal data.
Northland Power has implemented appropriate organizational, technological, and physical safeguards to protect your Personal Information. The safeguards implemented are based on industry standards, as well as applicable laws and regulations. Where Personal Information has been transferred to a third party, Northland Power will require that they have appropriate safeguards in place and abide by applicable laws and regulations.
Personal Information will be retained for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or in accordance with applicable laws. Once Personal Information is no longer required or has exceed timeframes dictated by applicable laws, Northland Power will securely destroy or anonymize Personal Information.
You may access and review your Personal Information at any time by contacting the Privacy Office. Northland Power seeks to ensure that any Personal Information in our custody is as accurate, current and complete, however we will not make additional efforts to verify the accuracy and completeness of personal information, unless requested by you. Depending on your jurisdiction, you may have additional rights which include the right to restrict the use of Personal Information, the right to delete Personal Information and the right to object to the use of your Personal Information. Please note that upon contacting the Privacy Office, we will need to verify your identity prior to fulfilling requests and may request additional information as required.
If you are concerned about how we treat your Personal Information or wish to submit a complaint, please contact the Privacy Office. If you remain unsatisfied with our response, you may submit your complaint as follows:
- If you are a resident in Canada you may contact the Privacy Commissioner of Canada or the Privacy Commissioner of your province, or
- If you are a resident of the EU, you may contact the applicable Data Protection Authority based on where you live, or
- If you are a resident elsewhere, you may contact your local Data Protection Authority.
Please note: The Northland Power Privacy Office will respond to all requests and complaints within 30 days of receipt or in accordance with applicable privacy legislations. Requests submitted may be refused by the Privacy Office in accordance with applicable privacy legislations.
Please contact the Northland Power Privacy Office with any privacy related questions or concerns:
Phone: +1 416-962-6262
Address: Northland Power Inc
30 St. Clair Avenue West, 12th floor
Northland Power Europe Privacy Office:
Data Protection Officer (EU Privacy Rights)
Address: Northland Power Europe GmbH
Tower am Michel
This Privacy Notice will be updated to reflect any changes to current practices. A website notice will be provided if there are material changes to this Privacy Statement. Pease note, this Privacy Notice was last updated on April 14, 2021.